Sunday, December 12, 2021

Update #008 - November 2021

I don't even know when November happened, if you ask me 2021 didn't have a November xD!!! Hello anyways I guess :), sorry I've had a few very very intense weeks and now I'm on my merry way to sunnier lands. Although I'm currently stuck in Frankfurt airport, my mind is already feeling the 30+ centigrade that wait for me in the southern hemisphere of this beautiful and fragile sphere we call earth.

I haven't slept much the last 48 hours, so forgive my crappier than usual language xD. Have you noticed how much more cumbersome has traveling become? Jesus... PCR tests, a ton of forms to fill, certificates of vaccination, I remember when worrying about my passport and visa was all of it. Good old times, right?

Well, enough ranting! Lets talk some finances now.... turns out November was for me as nuts as it was for the stock market. Yeah, my stock portfolio went full nose dive to begin with, mainly caused BABA stocks, on top of that the passive income overall wasn't outstanding. Lets have a closer look, will you?


    P2P Update

    My P2P portfolio is showing some signs of distress, with Mintos taking the lead as usual, followed by a not so nice performance provided by PeerBerry. Even though PeerBerry looks green compared with the previous month, do keep in mind the current portfolio size, the platform should be returning >€9 and it's not really happening.

    For the first time after 6 months, my average annual yield went below my 10% target :( and this makes me considerably sad. The average dropped to about 9.95%, ok, is not too far from 10% but there's a clear negative slope in progress here for 3rd month in a row. I actually wrote a post a few days ago about how P2P platforms have been slowly deteriorating and they interest rates have been dropping.

    As I commented in the previous post, after the most recent money allocation I was expecting the P2P portfolio to start returning >€40 by now, however not only it's not there but the returns of this month (€36.39) were lower than the October's :| .

    Part of the problem here is the insanely high cash dragging Mintos is making me victim of, reaching 23% this month. That's about €138 that produced no money this month :(, that said.... if we take into account the ~0.69% monthly yield Mintos has been producing, I missed about €1, so this would have taken me to €37.39, which is slightly higher than October but still far away from the target (so Mintos is not the only one to blame here). Not cool.

    Delays wise, nothing has changed dramatically in any of the platforms fortunately, good news is Mintos slightly increased the current funds compared with the previous month anyways.




    Dividend Update

    Let's talk dividends now, November was a bit low as I expected, collecting a total of €19.88, from ABBV, VZ, T and APPL. Overall it was a good YoY month being 1.62X higher than November 2020.

     

    I don't think this month I've received any dividends increase, but I've been a bit absent from the market and life in general hhaha.

    Stocks Update

    Stocks wise, I only made one purchase in November, essentially increasing my position on YPF again when they dropped below $4 USD.  I got 75 more shares, which makes me the proud owner of 175 shares of stock in YPF, and I don't think I'll be buying any more unless prices drops way below 4 again. 

    There was something quite interesting this month and that was that the German real state VONOVIA decided to issue new shares in order to collect capital to buy for the acquisition of a another real state company. They issued rights for the share holders to buy some of these new stocks, I received 12 of these rights. However since I was traveling and moving around I didn't realize how short the trading window for this thing was so ended up missing it :(. I set an order to sell these rights but it didn't triggered, chances are now the stock price will massively drop and take me with it xD.

    Overall passive income

    As you can imagine, if my dividends were not so good and neither were the P2P returns, passive income wasn't the exception hahaha. Reached a mere €56.27, slightly below October, and what's worse slightly above the €53.31 from November 2020. That's an annual growth of about 5%, barely beating inflation.

    Despite the slow growth, the passive income for November managed to cover 2.09% of the 12 month average monthly expenses and 2.05% of the month expenses. Still below the targeted 5% for this year, but as long as it keeps above the 2% mark all call it a win. 
     
    I need to sit down and do some serious math to rethink my goals, but I'm postponing that for when real holidays kick in in a few days :).

    Personal life and health

    So... turns out I started writing this post while I was in Frankfurt airport (about a week ago xD), and now I find myself finishing it from the outskirts of San Pablo Brazil with a sweet 25 degrees and a sun that I had not seen in a while.

    Since November was such an atypical month I did not do enough walking barely reached 48KM xD. Heck... I didn't even go bouldering enough with all that was going on. Anyways, December is being more friendly so far and I technically have only 3 more working days before starting holidays so won't complain :).

    Anyways, I'll wrap it up here, since it's been long and super delayed already. To all of you out there, I truly wish a great end of 2021 and an amazing start for 2022. Myself, I'll be joining my family tomorrow afternoon after 2 long years and although will be away from my girlfriend for a few weeks I plan to have a great time. 

    Cheers


    2 comments:

    1. Sad to see passive income going downwards, hope the P2P side will soon get better for you.

      Have a nice time over there! Do leave some sunshine for Europe please! ;)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hey! yeah, it hurts to see things turning red like this, but it should help to forge the investing character I guess. December is looking much better than I expected so far, except for the stocks that are trending red for a few weeks now xD. We'll see how things go, but looks like we may have some nice buying opportunities ahead!

        Have a Merry Christmas Tony! Thanks for stopping by.

        Delete

    Update #012 - March 2022