Saturday, January 8, 2022

Update #009 - December 2021

Hello how long! It's me again, still reporting from the scorching southern hemisphere survining almost 40 Celcius right now! Things can get really hot down here in summer xD. Oh, man I missed this weather, it hasn't rained once in almost 3 weeks now. That said, I got a very serious sunburn I'm still recoverying from because of going for a walk between 10am and 2pm. I did wore some suncream but I clearly lost the technic to apply it properly xD, so now I'm peeling off like a snake literally. For the first time in a long long time, I managed to really disconnect myself from work, which was an amazing feeling. Need to achieve that more often, but without the need of having to travel to the oppossite hemispfere xD, otherwise is hardly viable.

Financially wise December, despite my negative predictions HERE, was pretty good :). This was caused by both lower than usual expenses and good passive income levels. The P2P platforms finally broke the €40 barrier I was so looking forward to (hard to tell whether that will be sustained though) and my beloved dividends did pretty good as well.

Enough with the pep talk :), lets get to the numbers!

    P2P Update

    To my surprise, December was record month for my P2P platforms! Altogether the platforms returned the astonishing sum of €46.78, easily surpassing the highest peak from November 2020. All the platforms except Mintos showed improvements compared with last month's returns, with Robocash and PeerBerry being the best ones.


    December's P2P returns put the yield back on track peaking at 12.68%!!! This more than compensates for the weaker months of October and November. With this yield, I'm basically closing 2021 with an average yield of about 10.41% which is just awesome! 


     

    Dividend Update

    This month my dividends were also quite nice :), with the biggest payers being RDSA, T and XOM respectively. Reached €51.33!!! Second highest dividend returns ever, more than two times the dividends returned on December 2020. 


     

    Stocks Update

    I didn't buy any new stocks in December, mainly because I was very detached from reality just enjoying my time off. I did see the market went a bit poop by the end of the month, but even then I stayed away from it. 

    Overall passive income

    My passive income keeps growing, this month reaching the second highest returns ever €98.11, almost breaking the €100 again! This time things were very balanced between Dividends and P2P income. The most important detail is the yoy growth, December 2021 was almost 2x higher than December 2020 :).

    These €98.11 managed to cover 4.28% of December's expenses or, 3.73% of the 12 months expenses coverage rolling average. Despite being on holidays my expenses were much lower than they usually are in emerald island hence the nice coverage percentage.

    Personal life and health

    A lot went on during December in the personal space. Got to finally see my family after so long, got some beach time, was away from my girlfriend for a few weeks, lots of beers and food and certainly not so much walking xD. That said, against all odds, I managed to squeeze in 58KM (more than November), however my weight has gone to the roof xD, to the point that I don't even want to weight myself right now.

    Despite the ups and downs of the last few months, the year closed on a very good tone.That said I expect 2022 to have some changes, more on that in following posts. Need to stay more focus on goals and investing, so I'll see how to achieve that :).
     
    I hope you all have ended 2021 the best possible and started 2022 the same way. Cheers!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Update #012 - March 2022